(3) Indiana 97
(19-2, 6-0 away)
(11-10, 9-6 home)
Venue: Mackey Arena
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 30, 2013
||C Zeller 19
||C Zeller 11
||W Sheehey 7
||A Hammons 30
||R Davis 6
||R Johnson 5
No. 3 Indiana scored 36 points from behind the arc and easily beat Purdue 97-60 in Big Ten action on Wednesday, January 30th. The game lacked drama, as Indiana led 47-27 at the half and never allowed Purdue back in it. The Hoosiers got a double-double out of Cody Zeller with a team-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. Victor Oladipo had 17 points and added six rebounds. A.J. Hammons finished with a season-high 30 points and five rebounds for the Boilermakers. Indiana (19-2, 7-1 Big Ten) gets first-ranked Michigan (20-1, 7-1 Big Ten) on their home court on Saturday, February 2nd.
Indiana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:07 left to go.
- The win over Purdue extended the Indiana winning streak to 4 games.
- IU beat the spread by 29.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Hoosiers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 13th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, IU has been on the winning end of 37 blowout games.
- The Hoosiers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 97 or more total points.
- Indiana has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its three-point percentage has been 48.0% or better.
- IU has won 100% of the time this season (13-0) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- IU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 25.0% three-point percentage.
- This season Indiana has won 100% of the time (14-0) when Jordan Hulls has 10 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Victor Oladipo plays 32 minutes or more, and 91% of the time (10-1) when Cody Zeller has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Hoosiers set a season high for three-pointers.
- The last time IU recorded at least 12 three-pointers was Jan 08, 2012 against Penn State.
- The Hoosiers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Victor Oladipo has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cody Zeller recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 11th of his career.
- Christian Watford has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Watford had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Kevin Ferrell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Purdue Game Notes
- Purdue lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Purdue has been on the losing end of 6 blowout games.
- A.J. Hammons recorded a team season high in points with 30, field goals made with 10, free throws made with 10, and free throws attempted with 12.
- A.J. Hammons accounted for 50.0% of the team's points.
- A.J. Hammons has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Rapheal Davis has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of A.J. Hammons's career.