(3) Indiana 97
(19-2, 6-0 away)
(11-10, 9-6 home)
Venue: Mackey Arena
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 30, 2013
||C Zeller 19
||C Zeller 11
||W Sheehey 7
||A Hammons 30
||R Davis 6
||R Johnson 5
On Wednesday, January 30th, Purdue allowed 36 points from three-point territory to No. 3 Indiana and was blown out by the Hoosiers 97-60 in conference play. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Indiana up 47-27. The Boilermakers fall to 1-5 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Boilermakers got a season-high 30 points and five rebounds from A.J. Hammons. Ronnie Johnson got 13 points and added five assists. Cody Zeller recorded a double-double for the Hoosiers on a team-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. Purdue (11-10, 4-4 Big Ten) takes on Northwestern (11-10, 2-6 Big Ten) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Purdue Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:07 left to go.
- Prior to this game, Purdue played 49 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 21-28.
- Purdue has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 2 or fewer three-pointers.
- The Boilermakers have lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Purdue has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Purdue has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Boilermakers set a season high for blocks.
- Purdue set a season low for rebounds.
- Purdue has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Purdue has a 7.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- A.J. Hammons recorded a team season high in points with 30, field goals made with 10, free throws made with 10, and free throws attempted with 12.
- A.J. Hammons accounted for 50.0% of the team's points.
- A.J. Hammons has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- Rapheal Davis has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of A.J. Hammons's career.
Indiana Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Victor Oladipo has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cody Zeller recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 11th of his career.
- Christian Watford has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Watford set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Kevin Ferrell has 3 straight double-digit point games.