(5) Duke 75
(18-2, 3-2 away)
Wake Forest 70
(10-10, 9-3 home)
Venue: Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||M Plumlee 32
||M Plumlee 9
||Q Cook 7
||D Thomas 15
||T McKie 7
||M Jones 5
On Wednesday, January 30th, Wake Forest lost on their home court to No. 5 Duke 75-70 in conference play. The Demon Deacons now have a record of 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Demon Deacons got 14 points and seven rebounds from Travis McKie. Devin Thomas had a team-high 15 points and added six rebounds. For the Blue Devils, Mason Plumlee got a career-high 32 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Wake Forest (10-10, 3-5 ACC) is Maryland (15-6, 3-5 ACC) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- WFU beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Demon Deacons have beaten the spread.
- The Demon Deacons have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wake Forest has lost 17 close games.
- Prior to this game, WFU played 26 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 10-16.
- Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 4 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9% or better this season, Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Wake Forest has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Wake Forest has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- WFU set a season low for steals.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--WFU has a 3.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Devin Thomas and C.J. Harris) accounted for 41.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis McKie and Devin Thomas) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Travis McKie has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Travis McKie has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Harris has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Duke Game Notes
- Duke won, but did not cover the spread.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a team season high in points with 32.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 42.6% of the team's points.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 31.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 18 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 35th 20-point game of Seth Curry's career.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Mason Plumlee's career.
- Mason Plumlee has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Mason Plumlee set career highs with 32 points and 12 field goals made.
|B||A. Adala Moto||17||7||4||0||0||0||0|
|B||A. Roundtree III||11||4||1||2||0||1||1|