Saint Joseph's 66
(12-7, 5-3 away)
(6-15, 5-4 home)
Venue: Rose Hill Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||C Jones 19
||R Roberts Jr. 10
||L Galloway 6
||B Frazier 24
||R Canty 14
||B Frazier 5
Fordham faced off with St. Joseph's (PA) on Wednesday, January 30th and lost in front of the home crowd against the Hawks 66-62 in conference play. The Rams got a game-high 24 points from Branden Frazier in minutes. Mandell Thomas had 17 points and added six rebounds. For the Hawks, Halil Kanacevic finished with 12 points and seven rebounds. Fordham (6-15, 2-4 A-10) travels to Virginia Commonwealth (17-5, 5-2 A-10) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Fordham Game Notes
- Fordham started 6-15 during the 2010 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Fordham beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- The Rams have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Fordham has lost 19 close games.
- Fordham has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- The Rams have lost 91% of the time this season (1-10) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 33.3% or better this season, Fordham has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Fordham has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.3% or better this season, Fordham has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- Fordham has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Rams opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Fordham has a 1.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ryan Canty recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- Branden Frazier accounted for 38.7% of the team's points.
- Ryan Canty accounted for 41.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Branden Frazier has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Ryan Canty has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Branden Frazier's career.
- Ryan Canty recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- St. Joseph's (PA) won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Hawks won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 32 close games.
- The top two scorers (Carl Jones and Halil Kanacevic) accounted for 46.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ronald Roberts Jr. and Chris Wilson) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Carl Jones has led the team in scoring 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 19 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Ronald Roberts Jr..
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 13th of his career.
- Halil Kanacevic has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Halil Kanacevic set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
|B+||R. Roberts Jr.||28||10||10||1||2||0||3|