(12-8, 3-5 away)
(12-8, 8-3 home)
Venue: Cintas Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||V Sanford 16
||D Oliver 6
||K Dillard 5
||D Davis 14
||T Taylor 11
||S Christon 3
On Wednesday, January 30th, Xavier took on Dayton and knocked off the Flyers 66-61 in conference action. The Musketeers got the win with eight points and 11 rebounds from Travis Taylor. Jeff Robinson scored 12 points and added five rebounds. For the Flyers, Kevin Dillard finished with 12 points and five assists. Xavier (12-8, 5-2 A-10) gets Richmond (13-9, 3-4 A-10) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Xavier Game Notes
- XU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- The Musketeers have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Xavier has won 38 close games.
- Xavier has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.8% or better.
- The Musketeers have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 66 or more total points.
- This season Xavier has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Jeff Robinson has 12 points or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Dee Davis has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Musketeers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Xavier has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--XU has a 9.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Dee Davis and Semaj Christon) accounted for 40.9% of the points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 20 games this season.
- Travis Taylor recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Semaj Christon has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Dayton Game Notes
- Dayton lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Flyers have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Dayton has lost 29 close games.
- The top two scorers (Vee Sanford and Kevin Dillard) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- Devin Oliver accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Vee Sanford has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Devin Oliver has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 20 games this season.
- Kevin Dillard has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Vee Sanford has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Vee Sanford set a career high with 8 field goals made.