New Hampshire 57
(6-14, 3-9 away)
(8-13, 6-3 home)
Venue: Alfond Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 30, 2013
||C Rhoads 18
||C Rhoads 7
||J Bronner 3
||A Fraser 20
||M Allison 8
||X Pollard 3
Maine faced off with New Hampshire on Wednesday, January 30th and suffered a heartbreaking loss against the Wildcats 57-54 in conference play. Alasdair Fraser put up a game-high 20 points and eight rebounds in the Black Bears loss. Mike Allison had six points and added eight rebounds. For the Wildcats, Chris Matagrano got a career-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Maine (8-13, 3-5 America East) gets Maryland-Baltimore County (5-16, 3-5 America East) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Maine Game Notes
- The last time Maine started the season 8-13 was 2008.
- The Black Bears have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Maine has lost 22 close games.
- Maine has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Black Bears have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 36.2% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0% or better this season, Maine has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- Maine set a season low for steals.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Maine has a 4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mike Allison recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- Alasdair Fraser accounted for 37.0% of the team's points.
- Alasdair Fraser has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Alasdair Fraser's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Shaun Lawton.
New Hampshire Game Notes
- The Wildcats won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, New Hampshire has lost 32 close games.
- Ferg Myrick recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Chandler Rhoads accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- Chandler Rhoads has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Chandler Rhoads has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Matagrano has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Ferg Myrick has 6 straight double-digit point games.