(18-4, 9-3 away)
American University 55
(7-14, 4-5 home)
Venue: Bender Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 30, 2013
||M Muscala 16
||M Muscala 14
||M Muscala 4
||D Munoz 13
||T Wroblicky 8
||D Munoz 4
American University dropped a close one to Bucknell 56-55 in conference play on Wednesday, January 30th. Daniel Munoz put up a team-high 13 points and four assists in the Eagles loss. Tony Wroblicky had seven points and added eight rebounds. Mike Muscala registered a double-double for the Bison with a game-high 16 points and 14 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). American University (7-14, 2-4 Patriot) takes on Lafayette (11-12, 4-2 Patriot) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
American University Game Notes
- The last time AU started the season 7-14 was 2005.
- The Eagles have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, American University has lost 18 close games.
- American University has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 11 or more free throws made this season, American University has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 42.3% or better this season, American University has lost 85% of the time (2-11).
- When the opposition records 34 or more rebounds this season, American University has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- This is the 9th game at home this season--AU has a 1.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Daniel Munoz and Stephen Lumpkins) accounted for 45.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Wroblicky and Stephen Lumpkins) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Daniel Munoz has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Tony Wroblicky has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Stephen Lumpkins has 20 straight double-digit point games.
Bucknell Game Notes
- The Bison won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Bucknell has lost 30 close games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Muscala and Cameron Ayers) accounted for 53.5% of the points.
- Mike Muscala accounted for 41.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Muscala has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 19 times in 22 games this season.
- Mike Muscala recorded the 40th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mike Muscala has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Muscala recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 39th of his career.