(18-4, 9-3 away)
American University 55
(7-14, 4-5 home)
Venue: Bender Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 30, 2013
||M Muscala 16
||M Muscala 14
||M Muscala 4
||D Munoz 13
||T Wroblicky 8
||D Munoz 4
On Wednesday, January 30th, Bucknell won by a slim margin against American University 56-55 in conference play. Mike Muscala earned a double-double for the Bison including a game-high 16 points and 14 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). Cameron Ayers scored 14 points and added three rebounds. For the Eagles, Daniel Munoz finished with a team-high 13 points and four assists. Bucknell (18-3, 5-0 Patriot) gets Navy (7-14, 1-5 Patriot) at home on Saturday, February 2nd.
Bucknell Game Notes
- The Bison have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Bucknell has won 29 close games.
- Bucknell has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Bucknell has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- This season Bucknell has won 81% of the time (13-3) when Mike Muscala has 16 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when Joe Willman plays 30 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Cameron Ayers has 6 field goals made or more.
- Bucknell set season lows for three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- Bucknell has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Muscala and Cameron Ayers) accounted for 53.5% of the points.
- Mike Muscala accounted for 41.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Muscala has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 19 times in 22 games this season.
- Mike Muscala recorded the 40th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mike Muscala has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Muscala recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 39th of his career.
American University Game Notes
- The Eagles have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, American University has lost 18 close games.
- The top two scorers (Daniel Munoz and Stephen Lumpkins) accounted for 45.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Wroblicky and Stephen Lumpkins) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Daniel Munoz has led the team in scoring 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Tony Wroblicky has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Stephen Lumpkins has 20 straight double-digit point games.