(6-13, 2-9 away)
SC State 60
(4-16, 3-7 home)
Venue: SHM Memorial Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 30, 2013
||R Mercado 14
||E Okoroba 9
||R Mercado 3
||M Hezekiah 18
||D Joint 9
||K Toombs 9
South Carolina State lost at home against Hampton 64-60 in conference play on Wednesday, January 30th. The Bulldogs got 13 points and nine assists from Khalif Toombs. Darryl Palmer had 14 points and added nine rebounds. For the Pirates, Dwight Meikle finished with 13 points and seven rebounds. South Carolina State (4-16, 0-6 MEAC) travels to Howard (4-17, 1-6 MEAC) on Monday, February 4th.
South Carolina State Game Notes
- The last time SCSU started the season 4-16 was 2011.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Carolina State has lost 24 close games.
- South Carolina State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-10) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 34.5% or worse.
- South Carolina State has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5% or better this season, South Carolina State has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, South Carolina State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.4% or better this season, South Carolina State has lost 92% of the time (1-11).
- South Carolina State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--SCSU has a -5.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Darryl Palmer recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (Matthew Hezekiah and Darryl Palmer) accounted for 53.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Darryl Palmer and Devin Joint) accounted for 51.4% of the rebounds.
- Matthew Hezekiah has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- Darryl Palmer has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Darryl Palmer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Matthew Hezekiah has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Hampton Game Notes
- The Pirates won this one, but have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Hampton has lost 34 close games.
- The top two scorers (Ramon Mercado and Dwight Meikle) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- Ramon Mercado has led the team in scoring 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Emmanuel Okoroba has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 19 games this season.