Texas A&M 55
(13-7, 3-4 away)
Mississippi State 49
(7-12, 6-5 home)
Venue: Humphrey Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||F Harris 17
||K Roberson 12
||A Caruso 3
||G Ware 14
||C Borchert 5
||T Bloodman 2
On Wednesday, January 30th, Texas A&M got a victory on the road against Mississippi State 55-49 in overtime. Texas A&M trailed 29-17 at the half, but came back in the second half and pulled out the win. The Aggies were led by Kourtney Roberson, who got eight points plus 12 rebounds. Fabyon Harris also had a solid outing, scoring a game-high 17 points. Gavin Ware got a team-high 14 points and four rebounds for the Bulldogs. Texas A&M (13-7, 3-4 SEC) welcomes Kentucky (14-6, 5-2 SEC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Texas A&M Game Notes
- The last time TAMU started the season 13-7 was 2005.
- TAMU beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- Texas A&M has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Aggies have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 6-4.
- The Aggies have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Texas A&M has won 26 close games.
- The Aggies have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- Texas A&M has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 47.2% or better.
- TAMU has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) when opponents record 6 or fewer steals.
- TAMU has won 75% of the time this season (9-3) after holding an opponent to under 33.3% three-point percentage.
- This season Texas A&M has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Fabyon Harris has 17 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Kourtney Roberson has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (8-2) when Ray Turner has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Aggies set a season high for steals.
- The last time TAMU recorded at least 14 steals was Nov 15, 2010 against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
- TAMU set season lows for free throws made and three-point percentage.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Aggies came back after being down at halftime.
- Kourtney Roberson recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- Fabyon Harris accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- Kourtney Roberson accounted for 38.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Fabyon Harris has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Kourtney Roberson has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Fabyon Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kourtney Roberson recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kourtney Roberson had career highs with 12 rebounds and 6 steals.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- Mississippi State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Bulldogs have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Mississippi State has lost 31 close games.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Gavin Ware and Colin Borchert) accounted for 48.9% of the points.
- Colin Borchert has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has 3 straight double-digit point games.