Texas A&M 55
(13-7, 3-4 away)
Mississippi State 49
(7-12, 6-5 home)
Venue: Humphrey Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||F Harris 17
||K Roberson 12
||A Caruso 3
||G Ware 14
||C Borchert 5
||T Bloodman 2
On Wednesday, January 30th, Mississippi State took on Texas A&M and lost on their home court to the Aggies 55-49 in overtime. Texas A&M trailed 29-17 at halftime, but turned things around in the second half to get the win. The Bulldogs were paced by Gavin Ware, who put up a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. Colin Borchert had 10 points and added five rebounds. Kourtney Roberson finished with eight points and 12 rebounds for the Aggies. Mississippi State (7-12, 2-5 SEC) welcomes LSU (11-7, 2-5 SEC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- Mississippi State has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Bulldogs have played in 16 overtime games with a record of 6-10.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Mississippi State has lost 31 close games.
- Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have lost 91% of the time this season (1-10) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.2% or better this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 14 or more steals this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- MState set a season low for field goals made.
- Mississippi State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--MState has a 3.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Gavin Ware and Colin Borchert) accounted for 48.9% of the points.
- Colin Borchert has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Texas A&M Game Notes
- The Aggies won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas A&M has lost 18 close games.
- Kourtney Roberson recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- Fabyon Harris accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- Kourtney Roberson accounted for 38.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Fabyon Harris has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Kourtney Roberson has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 20 games this season.
- Fabyon Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kourtney Roberson recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kourtney Roberson set career highs with 12 rebounds and 6 steals.