On Wednesday, January 30th, South Carolina was outshot 53%-31% by No. 4 Florida and was destroyed by the Gators 75-36 in conference play. South Carolina dug a hole early, down 33-10 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The Gamecocks remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. The Gamecocks got a team-high 13 points and nine rebounds from Michael Carrera. Mindaugas Kacinas had four points and added two rebounds. For the Gators, Kenny Boynton finished with a game-high 15 points and seven assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when South Carolina (12-8, 2-5 SEC) welcomes Georgia (9-11, 3-4 SEC).
South Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 14:15 left to go.
- South Carolina started 12-8 during the 2009, 2006, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, USC played 33 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 7-26.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.8% or better this season, South Carolina has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- USC set season lows for blocks, field goals made, free throws made, rebounds, and total points.
- South Carolina has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Michael Carrera accounted for 36.1% of the team's points.
- Michael Carrera accounted for 37.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
Florida Game Notes
- Kenny Boynton has led the team in scoring 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Patric Young has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Kenny Boynton has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kenny Boynton set a career high with 4 steals.
- Erik Murphy set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.