South Carolina 36
(12-8, 3-4 away)
(4) Florida 75
(17-2, 11-0 home)
Venue: O'Connell Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||M Carrera 13
||M Carrera 9
||B Ellington 3
||K Boynton 15
||P Young 8
||K Boynton 7
On an evening when they outshot the Gamecocks 53%-31%, No. 4 Florida easily defeated South Carolina 75-36 in conference play. The game was never in question, with Florida taking an insurmountable 33-10 lead into the locker room at halftime. Kenny Boynton had a big game for the Gators and put up a game-high 15 points plus seven assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). Michael Frazier II also had a strong outing, scoring 12 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Gamecocks, Michael Carrera finished with a team-high 13 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Florida (17-2, 7-0 SEC) welcomes 16th-ranked Ole Miss (17-3, 6-1 SEC).
Florida Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 14:15 left to go.
- Florida started 17-2 during the 2006, 2005, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over South Carolina extended the Florida winning streak to 9 games.
- UF beat the spread by 15.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Gators have beaten the spread.
- This was the 12th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UF has been on the winning end of 56 blowout games.
- The Gators have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Florida has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.8% or better.
- Florida has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- UF has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 6 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Florida has won 100% of the time (7-0) when Kenny Boynton has 15 points or more, 83% of the time (10-2) when Scottie Wilbekin plays 30 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Mike Rosario has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Gators set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time UF had a three-point percentage of 57.1% or higher was Dec 04, 2009 against Jacksonville.
- The Gators have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UF has a 30.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kenny Boynton has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Patric Young has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Kenny Boynton has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kenny Boynton had a career high with 4 steals.
- Erik Murphy had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
South Carolina Game Notes
- South Carolina lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, USC has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- Michael Carrera accounted for 36.1% of the team's points.
- Michael Carrera accounted for 37.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
|A||M. Frazier II||24||12||7||0||0||0||0|