(8-12, 1-5 away)
(9-11, 8-7 home)
Venue: Stegeman Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||A Payne 13
||R Chubb 6
||F Sullivan 4
||K Caldwell-Pope 20
||K Caldwell-Pope 10
||C Mann 6
On Wednesday, January 30th, Georgia held Auburn to just 28% from the floor and came out on top against the Tigers 57-49 in conference action. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope earned a double-double for the Bulldogs with a game-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. Charles Mann scored 10 points and added six assists. For the Tigers, Frankie Sullivan finished with 13 points and four assists. Georgia (9-11, 3-4 SEC) goes to South Carolina (12-8, 2-5 SEC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Georgia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:30 left to go.
- Georgia started 9-11 during the 2009, 2008, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- UGA beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Georgia has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when its field goal percentage has been 44.2% or better.
- UGA has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 49 or fewer total points.
- This season Georgia has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 20 points or more.
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UGA has a 2.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope accounted for 35.0% of the team's points.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 18 times and in rebounding 9 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Donte` Williams.
Auburn Game Notes
- Auburn lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Frankie Sullivan and Allen Payne) accounted for 53.0% of the points.
- Frankie Sullivan has led the team in scoring 12 times in 20 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 20 games this season.
- Frankie Sullivan has 10 straight double-digit point games.