Boise State 57
(14-6, 5-5 away)
Colorado State 77
(17-4, 13-0 home)
Venue: Moby Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||M Thompson 13
||A Drmic 5
||I Hadziomerovic 2
||P Hornung 23
||P Hornung 13
||W Eikmeier 4
Colorado State squared off with Boise State on Wednesday, January 30th and easily got by the Broncos 77-57 in conference action. Pierce Hornung earned a double-double for the Rams with a game-high 23 points and 13 rebounds. Colton Iverson had nine points and added nine rebounds. For the Broncos, Anthony Drmic finished with 12 points and five rebounds. Colorado State (17-4, 4-2 MWC) welcomes Wyoming (15-4, 2-4 MWC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Colorado State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:38 left to go.
- CSU beat the spread by 11.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, CSU has been on the winning end of 20 blowout games.
- The Rams have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- Colorado State has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) when its field goal percentage has been 44.8% or better.
- CSU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- CSU has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Colorado State has won 86% of the time (12-2) when Wes Eikmeier has 10 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Greg Smith plays 31 minutes or more, and 84% of the time (16-3) when Colton Iverson has 4 field goals made or more.
- CSU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 21 games.
- Colorado State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--CSU has a 19.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Pierce Hornung and Dorian Green) accounted for 45.4% of the points.
- Pierce Hornung accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Pierce Hornung has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Wes Eikmeier has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Pierce Hornung's career.
- Pierce Hornung recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 9th of his career.
- Pierce Hornung had career highs with 3 three-pointers and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Dorian Green has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Boise State Game Notes
- Boise State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, BSU has been on the losing end of 11 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Mikey Thompson and Anthony Drmic) accounted for 43.8% of the points.
- Ryan Watkins has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 20 games this season.
- Anthony Drmic has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Igor Hadziomerovic.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Ryan Watkins.
|-||Joe De Ciman||4||2||1||0||0||0||0|