Fresno State 50
(7-13, 3-7 away)
Air Force 62
(13-6, 10-1 home)
Venue: Clune Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||K Olekaibe 18
||T Johnson 5
||A Huddleston 3
||T Fletcher 19
||M Fitzgerald 10
||T Fletcher 5
Air Force came out on top against Fresno State 62-50 in conference play on Wednesday, January 30th. Todd Fletcher played well for the Falcons and got a game-high 19 points and five assists. Mike Fitzgerald scored seven points and added 10 rebounds. Kevin Olekaibe finished with a season-high 18 points for the Bulldogs, making 6 of 10 from three-point range. Air Force (12-6, 4-2 MWC) welcomes 22nd-ranked San Diego State (16-4, 4-2 MWC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Air Force Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:42 left to go.
- The win over Fresno State extended the Air Force winning streak to 4 games.
- AF beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- Air Force has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- The Falcons have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 35 or more rebounds.
- AF has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- AF has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.5% field goal percentage.
- This season Air Force has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Michael Lyons has 15 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Todd Fletcher plays 35 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Taylor Broekhuis has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Falcons have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--AF has a 20.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mike Fitzgerald recorded a team season high in rebounds with 10.
- Todd Fletcher accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Fitzgerald and Taylor Broekhuis) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Todd Fletcher has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Todd Fletcher had career highs with 8 field goals made and a 100% three-point percentage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Taylor Broekhuis.
- Mike Fitzgerald recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mike Fitzgerald had a career high with 10 rebounds.
Fresno State Game Notes
- Fresno State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 4 games.
- Kevin Olekaibe recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6 and three pointers attempted with 10.
- Kevin Olekaibe accounted for 36.0% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (34) than the starters (16).
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Tyler Johnson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Allen Huddleston has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Olekaibe set a career high with 6 three-pointers.
|C-||Jerry Brown Jr||27||3||4||0||1||0||1|