Drake got a win on the road against Southern Illinois 61-56 in conference action on Wednesday, January 30th. The Bulldogs were led by Ben Simons, who put up eight points plus seven rebounds. Jordan Clarke scored 11 points and added six rebounds. For the Salukis, Desmar Jackson got a game-high 15 points and nine rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Next up for Drake (10-11, 4-6 The Valley) is Indiana State (14-7, 7-3 The Valley) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Drake Game Notes
- Drake started 10-11 during the 2009, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Drake beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Drake has won 26 close games.
- Drake has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- Drake has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.5% field goal percentage.
- This season Drake has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Jordan Clarke plays 33 minutes or more.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Drake recorded at least 20 turnovers was Jan 13, 2012 against Evansville.
- Drake set a season low for field goals made.
- Drake has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two rebounders (Ben Simons and Seth VanDeest) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Chris Hines has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- Ben Simons has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Joey King.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Southern Illinois lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Salukis have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Illinois has lost 32 close games.
- This loss extended the Salukis losing streak to 5 games.
- Desmar Jackson recorded a team season high in assists with 6.
- The top two scorers (Desmar Jackson and T.J. Lindsay) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- Desmar Jackson accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Desmar Jackson set a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.