(10-11, 3-7 away)
Southern Illinois 56
(8-13, 4-5 home)
Venue: SIU Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 30, 2013
||C Hines 12
||S VanDeest 7
||J Jeffers 2
||D Jackson 15
||D Jackson 9
||D Jackson 6
On Wednesday, January 30th, Southern Illinois lost at home against Drake 61-56 in conference play. Desmar Jackson put up a game-high 15 points plus nine rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl) in the Salukis loss. T.J. Lindsay had 11 points. For the Bulldogs, Ben Simons got eight points and seven rebounds. The Salukis are on a five-game losing streak. Southern Illinois (8-13, 1-9 The Valley) gets Illinois State (12-10, 3-7 The Valley) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- The Salukis have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Illinois has lost 32 close games.
- Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Salukis have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.5% or worse.
- Southern Illinois has lost 75% of the time this season (3-9) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 53.3% or better this season, Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 8 or more three-pointers this season, Southern Illinois has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Southern Illinois has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- SIU set a season low for field goals made.
- The Salukis have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Southern Illinois has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--SIU has a 0.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Desmar Jackson recorded a team season high in assists with 6.
- The top two scorers (Desmar Jackson and T.J. Lindsay) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- Desmar Jackson accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Desmar Jackson had a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
Drake Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Drake has lost 25 close games.
- The top two rebounders (Ben Simons and Seth VanDeest) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Chris Hines has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Ben Simons has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Joey King.
|C+||Gary Ricks Jr.||17||3||1||2||0||0||0|
|D+||A. Beane Jr.||30||4||1||1||1||0||1|