No. 21 Creighton squared off with Missouri State on Wednesday, Jan. 30 and topped the Bears 91-77 in conference play. With the win, the Bluejays stay undefeated against Missouri State this season at 2-0. The Bluejays got a double-double out of Doug McDermott with a game-high 29 points and 10 rebounds. Doug McDermott also put up 15 points from three-point range. Austin Chatman played his way to a double-double as well with 14 points and 10 assists. For the Bears, Dorrian Williams got a career-high 14 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 2 when Creighton (19-3, 8-2 The Valley) hosts Bradley (13-9, 5-5 The Valley).
Creighton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:34 left to go.
- The Bluejays have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- Creighton has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 55.6 percent or better.
- Creighton has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Creighton has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- This season Creighton has won 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Doug McDermott has 29 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Jahenns Manigat plays 32 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Austin Chatman has four field goals made or more.
- The Bluejays have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 15 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Creighton has a 19.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Doug McDermott and Ethan Wragge) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 18 times and in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 46th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 25th of his career.
- This game was the second double-digit assist game of Austin Chatman's career.
- Austin Chatman recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Austin Chatman had a career high with 14 points.
- Grant Gibbs has five straight double-digit point games.
Missouri State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Gavin Thurman and Dorrian Williams) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- Anthony Downing accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Gavin Thurman has led the team in scoring five times in 22 games this season.
- Anthony Downing has led the team in rebounding six times in 22 games this season.
- Nathan Scheer set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Bruce Marshall.