(8-10, 3-8 away)
Ball State 78
(8-11, 5-6 home)
Venue: Worthen Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||R Pearson 24
||N Boothe 5
||J Brown 10
||J Scaife 23
||M Majok 15
||J Scaife 3
On an evening when they turned the ball over 15 times, Ball State took a home loss to Toledo 85-78 in conference play. Majok Majok got 16 points and 15 rebounds for the Cardinals, earning a double-double. Jauwan Scaife had a season-high 23 points and added six rebounds. For the Rockets, Rian Pearson finished with a game-high 24 points and three rebounds. Ball State (8-11, 2-5 MAC) takes on Bowling Green (7-13, 2-5 MAC) on Saturday, Feb. 2 on the road.
Ball State Game Notes
- The last time BallSt started the season 8-11 was 2002.
- Ball State has lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after recording 12 or fewer assists.
- The Cardinals have lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after having a three-point percentage of 27.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.7 percent or better this season, Ball State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Cardinals have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Ball State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Cardinals opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--BallSt has a 0.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jauwan Scaife recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Jauwan Scaife and Jesse Berry) accounted for 52.5 percent of the points.
- Majok Majok accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring in six out of 19 games this season.
- Majok Majok has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 19 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Chris Bond.
- Majok Majok recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Majok Majok has six straight double-digit point games.
- Majok Majok recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Jauwan Scaife's career.
- Jauwan Scaife has five straight double-digit point games.
Toledo Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rian Pearson and Matt Smith) accounted for 50.5 percent of the points.
- Rian Pearson has led the team in scoring nine times in 18 games this season.
- Nathan Boothe has led the team in rebounding four times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Rian Pearson's career.
- Rian Pearson has four straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Julius Brown's career.
- Julius Brown has three straight double-digit point games.
- Julius Brown recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Matt Smith set a career high with five three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Nathan Boothe.