(8-10, 3-8 away)
Ball State 78
(8-11, 5-6 home)
Venue: Worthen Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||R Pearson 24
||N Boothe 5
||J Brown 10
||J Scaife 23
||M Majok 15
||J Scaife 3
Toledo turned the ball over only four times and got a road victory against Ball State 85-78 in conference play on Wednesday, Jan. 30. The Rockets got the win with a game-high 24 points and three rebounds from Rian Pearson. Julius Brown played his way to a double-double with 13 points and 10 assists. Majok Majok registered a double-double for the Cardinals with 16 points and 15 rebounds. Toledo (8-10, 4-3 MAC) goes to Northern Illinois (4-14, 2-4 MAC) on Saturday, Feb. 2.
Toledo Game Notes
- Toledo beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 9th time this season the Rockets have beaten the spread.
- This season Toledo has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Rian Pearson has 24 points or more.
- The Rockets set a season high for total points (85).
- The last time Toledo recorded at least 85 total points was Jan 03, 2012 against Indiana-Northwest.
- Toledo set a season low for turnovers (four).
- The Rockets have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Rockets came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Rian Pearson and Matt Smith) accounted for 50.5 percent of the points.
- Rian Pearson has led the team in scoring in nine out of 18 games this season.
- Nathan Boothe has led the team in rebounding in four out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Rian Pearson's career.
- Rian Pearson has four straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Julius Brown's career.
- Julius Brown has three straight double-digit point games.
- Julius Brown recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Matt Smith had a career high with five three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Nathan Boothe.
Ball State Game Notes
- Jauwan Scaife recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Jauwan Scaife and Jesse Berry) accounted for 52.5 percent of the points.
- Majok Majok accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring six times in 19 games this season.
- Majok Majok has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 19 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Chris Bond.
- Majok Majok recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Majok Majok has six straight double-digit point games.
- Majok Majok recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Jauwan Scaife's career.
- Jauwan Scaife has five straight double-digit point games.