(5-17, 0-11 away)
Loyola (IL) 76
(13-8, 7-4 home)
Venue: Joseph J. Gentile Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||A Arians 17
||D Harris 8
||J Aaron 5
||B Averkamp 22
||B Averkamp 12
||B Averkamp 4
On Wednesday, January 30th, Loyola (Chicago) took on Milwaukee and knocked off the Panthers 76-65 in conference action. Ben Averkamp got a game-high 22 points and 12 rebounds for the Ramblers, earning a double-double. Jordan Hicks had a season-high 21 points and added seven rebounds. For the Panthers, Jordan Aaron finished with a team-high 17 points and five assists. Loyola (Chicago) (13-8, 3-5 Horizon) takes on Green Bay (11-10, 5-3 Horizon) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:34 left to go.
- Loyola (Chicago) started 13-8 during the 2010, 2006, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The Ramblers have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 35 or more rebounds.
- LCU has won 92% of the time this season (12-1) after holding an opponent to under 44.4% field goal percentage.
- LCU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 2 or fewer blocks.
- This season Loyola (Chicago) has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Christian Thomas has 6 field goals made or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Ben Averkamp has 8 free throws made or more.
- Loyola (Chicago) has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Ramblers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--LCU has a 7.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ben Averkamp recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 7.
- The top two scorers (Ben Averkamp and Jordan Hicks) accounted for 56.5% of the points.
- Ben Averkamp accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Ben Averkamp has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 11 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Jordan Hicks's career.
- Jordan Hicks had a career high with 10 field goals made.
- Christian Thomas has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Ben Averkamp's career.
- Ben Averkamp has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ben Averkamp recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 9th of his career.
- Ben Averkamp had career highs with 12 rebounds and 7 offensive rebounds.
Milwaukee Game Notes
- This loss extended the Panthers losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Aaron and Austin Arians) accounted for 52.3% of the points.
- Demetrius Harris accounted for 32.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Aaron has led the team in scoring 8 times in 22 games this season.
- Demetrius Harris has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Jordan Aaron has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Ryan Haggerty.
- Demetrius Harris set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.