|Hofstra||T Buie 15.1||J Hall 9.4||S Mejia 4.2|
|James Madison||R Goins 13.7||R Goins 7.9||D Moore 4.2|
On Thursday, Hofstra travels to JMU Convocation Center to take on James Madison. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST. The Pride are 5-1 against the Dukes over the last four years. They won 71-69 on 1/21/2012 the last time they played.
Hofstra is in 9th place in the CAA and James Madison is in 2nd. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In their last match-up on January 26th, Taran Buie put up 13 points and 6 rebounds for the Pride in a loss to North Carolina-Wilmington, 57-51. With 15.1 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. In a 63-56 victory over North Carolina-Wilmington on January 28th, Devon Moore put up 19 points and 7 rebounds for the Dukes. He averages 10.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 4.2 assists per game. From a tempo-free perspective, James Madison is strong in turnover percentage at 18.3. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 69th in the nation.
James Madison StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Hofstra has a stronger schedule than James Madison this season (SOS Rank: #199 vs #312).
- Hofstra beat James Madison by 2 points the last time they played (Jan 21, 2012).
- Jimmy Hall is ranked 6th in the CAA in rebounds and 8th in the CAA in blocks.
- Stephen Nwaukoni is ranked 8th in the CAA in rebounds.
- The Hofstra three-point leader (Taran Buie) has more three-pointers than the James Madison three-point leader (A.J. Davis).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Hofstra has had more players drafted by the NBA than James Madison (1 vs 0).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Hofstra has come back to win after being down at half against James Madison 4 times since 2004.
- Hofstra is better under pressure, and has defeated James Madison in 8 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- David Imes is ranked 10th in the CAA in blocks.