Southern Methodist 68
(12-10, 5-7 away)
(9-12, 9-4 home)
Venue: Cam Henderson Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||J Jones 19
||C Cunningham 8
||N Russell 5
||D Scarver 15
||D Tinnon 17
||D Kane 5
On Wednesday, January 30th, Southern Methodist took on Marshall and got a road win against the Thundering Herd 68-57 in C-USA action. The Mustangs got the win with a game-high 19 points and eight rebounds from Jalen Jones. Nick Russell also had a strong outing, scoring 15 points and adding seven rebounds. Dennis Tinnon finished with eight points and 17 rebounds for the Thundering Herd. Next up for Southern Methodist (12-10, 2-5 C-USA) is Houston (12-7, 2-5 C-USA) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Southern Methodist Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:15 left to go.
- Southern Methodist started 12-10 during the 2004, 2002, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- SMU beat the spread by 16.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- Southern Methodist has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- The Mustangs have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 13 or more assists.
- SMU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9% field goal percentage.
- SMU has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer assists.
- This season Southern Methodist has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Jalen Jones has 19 points or more, 86% of the time (6-1) when Ryan Manuel has 7 free throws made or more, and 71% of the time (10-4) when Shawn Williams has 5 rebounds or more.
- Southern Methodist has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jalen Jones and Ryan Manuel) accounted for 52.9% of the points.
- Jalen Jones has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- Cannen Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Nick Russell has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Russell had career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Jalen Jones has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Ryan Manuel.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Cannen Cunningham.
Marshall Game Notes
- Marshall lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Thundering Herd losing streak to 3 games.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17.
- Elijah Pittman tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver) accounted for 52.6% of the points.
- Dennis Tinnon accounted for 48.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 21 games this season.
- DeAndre Kane has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded the 29th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Tinnon set a career high with 9 offensive rebounds.