Southern Methodist 68
(12-10, 5-7 away)
(9-12, 9-4 home)
Venue: Cam Henderson Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||J Jones 19
||C Cunningham 8
||N Russell 5
||D Scarver 15
||D Tinnon 17
||D Kane 5
On Wednesday, January 30th, Marshall took on Southern Methodist and took a home loss to the Mustangs 68-57 in conference play. Dennis Tinnon put up eight points and 17 rebounds in the Thundering Herd loss. Elijah Pittman also had a strong game, scoring a team-high 15 points and adding eight rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl). For the Mustangs, Jalen Jones finished with a game-high 19 points and eight rebounds. Marshall (9-12, 2-4 C-USA) takes on UCF (14-5, 4-1 C-USA) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Marshall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:15 left to go.
- Marshall started 9-12 during the 2008, 2005, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Marshall has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Thundering Herd have lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 33.9% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.1% or better this season, Marshall has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Marshall has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Marshall has lost 92% of the time (1-11).
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Marshall has a 9.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17.
- Elijah Pittman tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver) accounted for 52.6% of the points.
- Dennis Tinnon accounted for 48.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- DeAndre Kane has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded the 29th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Tinnon had a career high with 9 offensive rebounds.
Southern Methodist Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jalen Jones and Ryan Manuel) accounted for 52.9% of the points.
- Jalen Jones has led the team in scoring 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Cannen Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Nick Russell has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Russell set career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Jalen Jones has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Ryan Manuel.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Cannen Cunningham.