(17-3, 4-2 away)
East Carolina 68
(12-8, 10-3 home)
Venue: Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||J Jackson 26
||S Goodwin 10
||J Jackson 6
||T Armstrong 18
||T Armstrong 9
||M Paul 6
Memphis squared off with East Carolina on Wednesday, January 30th and got a victory on the road against the Pirates 75-68 in conference action. The Tigers stay unbeaten against East Carolina this season at 2-0. The Tigers were led by Joe Jackson, who put up a career-high 26 points plus six assists. Chris Crawford had 11 points and added nine rebounds. For the Pirates, Ty Armstrong finished with a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds. Memphis (17-3, 6-0 C-USA) takes on Tulsa (12-9, 4-3 C-USA) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Memphis Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- Memphis started 17-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over East Carolina extended the Memphis winning streak to 11 games.
- The Tigers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 19 or more free throws made.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (15-0) when opponents record 68 or fewer total points.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (13-0) after holding an opponent to under 41.2% field goal percentage.
- This season Memphis has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Geron Johnson has 13 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Joe Jackson plays 37 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Chris Crawford has 5 assists or more.
- The Tigers set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time Memphis recorded at least 49 rebounds was Dec 05, 2009 against Arkansas State.
- Memphis set a season low for steals.
- The Tigers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 16 games.
- Joe Jackson recorded a team season high in points with 26.
- Joe Jackson accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- Joe Jackson has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 20 games this season.
- Shaq Goodwin has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Joe Jackson's career.
- Joe Jackson has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Joe Jackson had career highs with 26 points, 8 field goals made, 4 three-pointers, and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Shaq Goodwin recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
East Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ty Armstrong and Miguel Paul) accounted for 48.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ty Armstrong and Maurice Kemp) accounted for 48.4% of the rebounds.
- Ty Armstrong has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Maurice Kemp has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Miguel Paul has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Paris Roberts-Campbell.
- Ty Armstrong has 3 straight double-digit point games.