UNC Asheville 77
(12-10, 4-8 away)
(5-17, 4-5 home)
Venue: Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||J Atkinson 22
||D Cunningham 10
||T Meyer 4
||K Mutakabbir 21
||R McTavish 7
||E Washington 9
Presbyterian forced only eight turnovers and lost by a slim margin to North Carolina-Asheville 77-74 in conference play on Wednesday, January 30th. William Truss put up a career-high 19 points and five rebounds in the Blue Hose loss. Khalid Mutakabbir also had a strong game, scoring a team-high 21 points. D.J. Cunningham recorded a double-double for the Bulldogs on a season-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Presbyterian (5-17, 2-6 Big South) is High Point (9-10, 5-3 Big South) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Presbyterian Game Notes
- The Blue Hose have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Presbyterian has lost 25 close games.
- Presbyterian has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 24 or fewer rebounds.
- Presbyterian has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Presbyterian has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Presbyterian has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition commits 8 or fewer turnovers this season, Presbyterian has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- The Blue Hose set season highs for assists, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- The last time Presbyterian had a three-point percentage of 50.0% or higher was Feb 14, 2012 against Winthrop.
- Presbyterian set a season low for blocks.
- The Blue Hose have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- Presbyterian has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- The top two scorers (Khalid Mutakabbir and William Truss) accounted for 54.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan McTavish and William Truss) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Ryan McTavish has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Khalid Mutakabbir's career.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Downing has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Downing had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for William Truss.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, North Carolina-Asheville has lost 22 close games.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and D.J. Cunningham) accounted for 51.9% of the points.
- D.J. Cunningham accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring 11 times in 22 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 22 games this season.
- Keith Hornsby has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 9th of his career.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Jeremy Atkinson's career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson set a career high with 11 free throws made.