UNC Asheville 77
(12-10, 4-8 away)
(5-17, 4-5 home)
Venue: Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||J Atkinson 22
||D Cunningham 10
||T Meyer 4
||K Mutakabbir 21
||R McTavish 7
||E Washington 9
On Wednesday, January 30th, North Carolina-Asheville turned the ball over just eight times and nipped Presbyterian 77-74 in Big South action. D.J. Cunningham picked up a double-double in the Bulldogs win with a season-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Jeremy Atkinson had a game-high 22 points and added three rebounds. For the Blue Hose, William Truss got a career-high 19 points and five rebounds. Next up for North Carolina-Asheville (12-10, 6-2 Big South) is Campbell (10-12, 5-3 Big South) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The last time UNCA started the season 12-10 was 2010.
- The win over Presbyterian extended the North Carolina-Asheville winning streak to 4 games.
- The Bulldogs have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, North Carolina-Asheville has won 24 close games.
- The Bulldogs have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 77 or more total points.
- North Carolina-Asheville has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- UNCA has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 8 or fewer free throws made.
- This season North Carolina-Asheville has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Jeremy Atkinson has 22 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Will Weeks has 8 rebounds or more, and 77% of the time (10-3) when D.J. Cunningham has 3 blocks or more.
- UNCA set a season low for turnovers.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and D.J. Cunningham) accounted for 51.9% of the points.
- D.J. Cunningham accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 22 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Keith Hornsby has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 9th of his career.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Jeremy Atkinson's career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson had a career high with 11 free throws made.
Presbyterian Game Notes
- The Blue Hose have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Presbyterian has lost 25 close games.
- The top two scorers (Khalid Mutakabbir and William Truss) accounted for 54.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan McTavish and William Truss) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Ryan McTavish has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Khalid Mutakabbir's career.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Downing has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Downing set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for William Truss.