Coastal Carolina 48
(9-10, 1-8 away)
(9-11, 7-3 home)
Venue: Winthrop Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||A Raffa 16
||E Hadji Ndieguene 7
||E Hadji Ndieguene 2
||D Henry 15
||J Jerome 8
||D Henry 3
On Wednesday, January 30th, Winthrop took on Coastal Carolina and knocked off the Chanticleers 61-48 in conference action. The Eagles were led by Andre Smith, who got 14 points plus seven rebounds. Derrick Henry also had a good outing, scoring a team-high 15 points and adding three rebounds. For the Chanticleers, Michel Enanga got five points and two rebounds. Winthrop (9-11, 3-5 Big South) gets Liberty (7-15, 3-5 Big South) at home on Saturday, February 2nd.
Winthrop Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:44 left to go.
- The last time Winthrop started the season 9-11 was 2010.
- Winthrop has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 48 or fewer total points.
- Winthrop has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.1% field goal percentage.
- Winthrop set a season low for blocks.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Winthrop has a 6.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Andre Smith recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Henry and Andre Smith) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Derrick Henry has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Andre Smith has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Smith had career highs with 4 three-pointers, 7 rebounds, and 4 steals.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- Anthony Raffa accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (El Hadji Ndieguene and Tristian Curtis) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Raffa has led the team in scoring 14 times in 19 games this season.
- El Hadji Ndieguene has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Anthony Raffa has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Warren Gillis set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.