Coastal Carolina 48
(9-10, 1-8 away)
(9-11, 7-3 home)
Venue: Winthrop Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||A Raffa 16
||E Hadji Ndieguene 7
||E Hadji Ndieguene 2
||D Henry 15
||J Jerome 8
||D Henry 3
On Wednesday, January 30th, Coastal Carolina took on Winthrop and stumbled against the Eagles 61-48 in conference play. The Chanticleers got five points and two rebounds from Michel Enanga. Tristian Curtis scored one point and added four rebounds. For the Eagles, Andre Smith finished with 14 points and seven rebounds. Coastal Carolina (9-10, 4-4 Big South) gets Radford (9-12, 4-4 Big South) at home on Saturday, February 2nd.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:44 left to go.
- Coastal Carolina started 9-10 during the 2007, 2002, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Coastal Carolina has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- The Chanticleers have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 39.1% or worse.
- When the opposition records 61 or more total points this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 36.8% or better this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- CCAR set a season low for steals.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Chanticleers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Anthony Raffa accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (El Hadji Ndieguene and Tristian Curtis) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Raffa has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 19 games this season.
- El Hadji Ndieguene has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Anthony Raffa has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Warren Gillis had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Winthrop Game Notes
- Andre Smith recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Henry and Andre Smith) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Derrick Henry has led the team in scoring 8 times in 20 games this season.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Andre Smith has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Smith set career highs with 4 three-pointers, 7 rebounds, and 4 steals.