On Wednesday, January 30th, Seton Hall was thumped by Georgetown 74-52 in conference play. The Pirates got a team-high 13 points and five rebounds from Brian Oliver. Kevin Johnson had seven points and added two rebounds. For the Hoyas, Otto Porter finished with a game-high 20 points and three rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Seton Hall (13-8, 2-6 Big East) gets 24th-ranked Cincinnati (17-4, 5-3 Big East) on their home court on Saturday, February 2nd.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:27 left to go.
- Seton Hall has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Seton Hall has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.1% or better this season, Seton Hall has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Seton Hall has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- SHU set season lows for assists, field goals made, field goal percentage, and total points.
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 9 games.
- The top two scorers (Brian Oliver and Aaron Cosby) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Gene Teague.
- Gene Teague had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Haralds Karlis.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brandon Mobley.
Georgetown Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Otto Porter and Markel Starks) accounted for 48.6% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (12).
- Otto Porter has led the team in scoring 12 times in 19 games this season.
- Markel Starks set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Otto Porter's career.
- Otto Porter has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Otto Porter set a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Moses Ayegba.