Seton Hall 52
(13-8, 4-6 away)
(15-4, 13-2 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||B Oliver 13
||F Edwin 5
||F Edwin 3
||O Porter 20
||J Caprio 6
||N Lubick 5
Georgetown won big against Seton Hall 74-52 in Big East action on Wednesday, January 30th. Otto Porter played brilliantly for the Hoyas and got a game-high 20 points and three rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). John Caprio got four points in his first extended outing on the season. Brian Oliver finished with a team-high 13 points and five rebounds for the Pirates. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Georgetown (15-4, 5-3 Big East) welcomes St. John's (13-7, 5-3 Big East).
Georgetown Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:27 left to go.
- Georgetown started 15-4 during the 2009 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Seton Hall extended the Georgetown winning streak to 3 games.
- GTOWN beat the spread by 14.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, GTOWN has been on the winning end of 36 blowout games.
- The Hoyas have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Georgetown has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.1% or better.
- GTOWN has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.6% field goal percentage.
- GTOWN has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer assists.
- This season Georgetown has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Markel Starks has 16 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when Nate Lubick plays 30 minutes or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Otto Porter has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Hoyas set a season high for steals.
- The last time GTOWN recorded at least 15 steals was Dec 23, 2009 against Harvard.
- The Hoyas have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Georgetown has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Otto Porter and Markel Starks) accounted for 48.6% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (12).
- Otto Porter has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 19 games this season.
- Markel Starks had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Otto Porter's career.
- Otto Porter has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Otto Porter had a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Moses Ayegba.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- Seton Hall lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Brian Oliver and Aaron Cosby) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Gene Teague.
- Gene Teague set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Haralds Karlis.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brandon Mobley.