In a defensive struggle, Vermont won on the road versus Hartford 49-43 in America East play. The Catamounts got the win with eight points and six rebounds from Luke Apfeld. Brian Voelkel had a game-high 12 points and added five rebounds. Wes Cole got five points and four rebounds for the Hawks. Vermont (14-7, 7-2 America East) takes on New Hampshire (5-14, 1-6 America East) on Wednesday, February 6th at home.
Vermont Game Notes
- Vermont started 14-7 during the 2009 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Vermont has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.4% or better.
- The Catamounts have won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after recording 8 or more steals.
- UVM has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 17 or fewer field goals made.
- UVM has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Vermont has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Ethan O`Day has 4 field goals made or more, 86% of the time (6-1) when Clancy Rugg has 7 rebounds or more, and 73% of the time (11-4) when Brian Voelkel has 4 assists or more.
- UVM set season lows for blocks and total points.
- The Catamounts have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Brian Voelkel and Clancy Rugg) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Clancy Rugg and Luke Apfeld) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Clancy Rugg has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 21 games this season.
Hartford Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mark Nwakamma and Yolonzo Moore) accounted for 44.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mark Nwakamma and Nate Sikma) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Mark Nwakamma has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Mark Nwakamma has 8 straight double-digit point games.