In a game where the Retrievers scored 30 points from beyond the three-point line, Binghamton suffered a heartbreaking loss against Maryland-Baltimore County 61-58 in conference play. The Bearcats got a game-high 21 points and seven rebounds from Jordan Reed. Jimmy Gray also contributed, scoring 11 points and adding six assists. Chase Plummer registered a double-double for the Retrievers with 17 points and 10 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Binghamton (3-18, 1-7 America East) takes on Albany (16-7, 5-4 America East) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Binghamton Game Notes
- The Bearcats have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Binghamton has lost 23 close games.
- The Bearcats have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a three-point percentage of 20.0% or worse.
- Binghamton has lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after recording 34 or fewer rebounds.
- Binghamton has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 10 or more three-pointers this season, Binghamton has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.7% or better this season, Binghamton has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, Binghamton has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- Binghamton has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Binghamton has a -4.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordan Reed accounted for 36.2% of the team's points.
- Jordan Reed has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Jordan Reed's career.
- Jordan Reed has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Brian Freeman.
Maryland-Baltimore County Game Notes
- The Retrievers won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Maryland-Baltimore County has lost 22 close games.
- Brian Neller recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6 and three pointers attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Brian Neller and Chase Plummer) accounted for 57.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Plummer and Ryan Cook) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Chase Plummer has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 21 games this season.
- Chase Plummer recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chase Plummer has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Chase Plummer recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 11th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Adrian Satchell.