Appalachian State 59
(8-12, 2-9 away)
(15-7, 8-4 home)
Venue: TD Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||T Baskin 16
||N Healy 9
||M Neal 6
||A Lawrence 16
||A Thomas 7
||A Stitt 6
On Wednesday, January 30th, College of Charleston took on Appalachian State and topped the Mountaineers 72-59 in conference play. Adjehi Baru played well for the Cougars and put up nine points and six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). Anthony Thomas also had a good game, scoring a career-high 14 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Tevin Baskin finished with a game-high 16 points and two rebounds. College of Charleston (15-7, 7-3 SoCon) hosts North Carolina-Greensboro (6-13, 3-4 SoCon) on Saturday, February 2nd.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:15 left to go.
- College of Charleston started 15-7 during the 2010, 2006, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Appalachian State extended the College of Charleston winning streak to 3 games.
- CofC beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 72 or more total points.
- College of Charleston has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.5% or better.
- CofC has won 83% of the time this season (10-2) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- CofC has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after holding an opponent to under 37.5% field goal percentage.
- This season College of Charleston has won 93% of the time (13-1) when Anthony Stitt has 10 points or more and 75% of the time (9-3) when Andrew Lawrence has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Cougars set a season high for blocks.
- CofC set a season low for turnovers.
- The Cougars have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Cougars came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--CofC has a 2.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Andrew Lawrence and Anthony Thomas) accounted for 41.6% of the points.
- Andrew Lawrence has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 22 games this season.
- Anthony Stitt has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Stitt had career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- Appalachian State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Tevin Baskin and Jay Canty) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nathan Healy and Michael Obacha) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- Tevin Baskin has led the team in scoring 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Nathan Healy has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 20 games this season.