On Wednesday, January 30th, Appalachian State was tripped up by College of Charleston 72-59 in conference play. The Mountaineers were led by Tevin Baskin, who put up a game-high 16 points and two rebounds. Michael Obacha had eight points and added eight rebounds. For the Cougars, Adjehi Baru finished with nine points and six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). Appalachian State (8-11, 4-5 SoCon) hosts Western Carolina (8-13, 5-4 SoCon) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:15 left to go.
- Appalachian State started 8-12 during the 2010, 2003, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The Mountaineers have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5% or worse.
- Appalachian State has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Appalachian State has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Appalachian State has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition commits 8 or fewer turnovers this season, Appalachian State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- AppSt set a season low for steals.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Mountaineers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Tevin Baskin and Jay Canty) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nathan Healy and Michael Obacha) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- Tevin Baskin has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Nathan Healy has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Andrew Lawrence and Anthony Thomas) accounted for 41.6% of the points.
- Andrew Lawrence has led the team in scoring 8 times in 22 games this season.
- Anthony Stitt has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Stitt set career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.