Kent State 65
(11-10, 5-4 away)
Northern Illinois 67
(5-14, 3-5 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (IL)
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||D Goodson 18
||D Goodson 10
||R Holt 3
||A Nader 26
||A Nader 11
||D Balls 7
On Wednesday, January 30th, Northern Illinois just barely slipped by Kent State 67-65 in conference play. Abdel Nader picked up a double-double for the Huskies including a game-high 26 points and 11 rebounds. Keith Gray had seven points and added two rebounds. Darren Goodson recorded a double-double for the Golden Flashes with a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Northern Illinois (4-14, 2-4 MAC) is Toledo (7-10, 3-3 MAC) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- Northern Illinois started 5-14 during the 2007 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- NIU beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Huskies have beaten the spread.
- Northern Illinois has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.8% or better.
- The Huskies have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 67 or more total points.
- NIU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- NIU set a season low for steals.
- Northern Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--NIU has a -5.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Abdel Nader recorded a team season high in points with 26, free throws made with 8, and rebounds with 11.
- Daveon Balls tallied a team season high in assists with 7.
- Abdel Nader accounted for 38.8% of the team's points.
- Abdel Nader accounted for 34.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Abdel Nader has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Abdel Nader's career.
- Abdel Nader recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Abdel Nader had career highs with 26 points and 11 rebounds.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Keith Gray.
Kent State Game Notes
- Kent State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Golden Flashes have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Kent State has lost 23 close games.
- This loss extended the Golden Flashes losing streak to 4 games.
- Kris Brewer recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10.
- The top two scorers (Darren Goodson and Kris Brewer) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Darren Goodson accounted for 37.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Kris Brewer set career highs with 10 free throws made and 4 steals.
- Darren Goodson recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Darren Goodson recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.