Central Michigan 73
(9-11, 3-8 away)
(8-13, 5-5 home)
Venue: Alumni Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||K Randall 23
||J Simons 4
||K Randall 4
||C Downing 21
||A Nuiriankh 10
||A Nuiriankh 5
On Wednesday, January 30th, Buffalo took on Central Michigan and easily took down the Chippewas 91-73 in conference action. Auraum Nuiriankh got a career-high 18 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulls, earning a double-double. Cameron Downing also had an outstanding outing, scoring a career-high 21 points and adding four rebounds. For the Chippewas, Kyle Randall got a game-high 23 points and four assists. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Buffalo (8-13, 3-4 MAC) goes to Western Michigan (13-7, 5-2 MAC).
Buffalo Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:02 left to go.
- UB beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Bulls have beaten the spread.
- The Bulls have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- The Bulls set season highs for field goal percentage and total points.
- The last time UB had a field goal percentage of 57.7% or higher was Feb 19, 2011 against Milwaukee.
- The Bulls have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UB has a 4.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Downing and Auraum Nuiriankh) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Auraum Nuiriankh and Javon McCrea) accounted for 46.1% of the rebounds.
- Auraum Nuiriankh has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Auraum Nuiriankh recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Auraum Nuiriankh recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Auraum Nuiriankh had career highs with 18 points, 12 free throws made, and 5 assists.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jarryn Skeete.
- Javon McCrea has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Cameron Downing's career.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- Central Michigan lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Chippewas losing streak to 3 games.
- Kyle Randall accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring 15 times in 20 games this season.
- John Simons has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Kyle Randall's career.
- Kyle Randall has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Finis Craddock.
|C||D. Richardson Jr.||16||2||2||1||1||0||1|
|A+||Tony Watson II||37||11||6||4||0||0||0|