(16-4, 6-4 away)
Bowling Green 55
(7-13, 7-3 home)
Venue: Stroh Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||Z Marshall 15
||D Treadwell 11
||A Abreu 6
||C Orr 16
||A Calhoun 11
||J Crawford 5
On Wednesday, January 30th, Akron got a road win against Bowling Green 68-55 in conference play. The Zips got the win with 10 points and three rebounds from Nick Harney. Demetrius Treadwell played his way to a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. A`uston Calhoun recorded a double-double for the Falcons with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Akron (16-4, 7-0 MAC) hosts Ohio (15-5, 6-0 MAC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Akron Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:14 left to go.
- Akron started 16-4 during the 2006 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Bowling Green extended the Akron winning streak to 12 games.
- Akron beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Zips have beaten the spread.
- The Zips have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- Akron has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when its three-point percentage has been 35.0% or better.
- Akron has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Akron has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- Akron has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Akron has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Demetrius Treadwell has 10 points or more, 80% of the time (8-2) when Alex Abreu plays 31 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Zeke Marshall has 7 field goals made or more.
- Akron set season lows for blocks and free throws made.
- The Zips have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- Akron has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 20 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
Bowling Green Game Notes
- Bowling Green lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Chauncey Orr and A`uston Calhoun) accounted for 49.0% of the points.
- A`uston Calhoun accounted for 34.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Chauncey Orr has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 20 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- A`uston Calhoun has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- A`uston Calhoun recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 8th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Richaun Holmes.