Venue: Bartow Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||M Moore 18
||J Bohannon 10
||J Streeter 10
||J Swing 24
||R Rucker 9
||F Alihodzic 4
UAB topped Texas-El Paso 78-72 in overtime on Wednesday, January 30th. The Blazers got the win with a career-high 24 points and three assists from Jordan Swing. Rod Rucker also had an outstanding game, scoring 18 points and adding nine rebounds. Jacques Streeter finished with eight points and 10 assists for the Miners. UAB (9-12, 1-5 C-USA) gets Southern Miss (16-4, 6-0 C-USA) at home on Saturday, February 2nd.
UAB Game Notes
- UAB beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Blazers have beaten the spread.
- UAB has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Blazers have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 8-5.
- The Blazers have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, UAB has won 35 close games.
- UAB has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.5% or better.
- The Blazers have won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after recording 11 or more steals.
- This season UAB has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Fahro Alihodzic has 12 points or more.
- The Blazers set a season high for blocks.
- The last time UAB recorded at least 7 blocks was Feb 08, 2012 against Southern Miss.
- UAB has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 8 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Blazers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UAB has a 10.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordan Swing recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- Jordan Swing accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 21 games this season.
- Fahro Alihodzic had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Rod Rucker.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Jordan Swing's career.
- Jordan Swing has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Swing had career highs with 24 points, 8 field goals made, and 6 steals.
- Robert Williams had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- Texas-El Paso lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Miners have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-El Paso has lost 23 close games.
- Jacques Streeter recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- John Bohannon tallied a team season high in blocks with 5.
- The top two scorers (McKenzie Moore and Konner Tucker) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- John Bohannon accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- John Bohannon has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- This game was the 5th double-digit assist game of Jacques Streeter's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for McKenzie Moore.
- John Bohannon recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- John Bohannon set a career high with 5 blocks.