Venue: Bartow Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||M Moore 18
||J Bohannon 10
||J Streeter 10
||J Swing 24
||R Rucker 9
||F Alihodzic 4
On Wednesday, January 30th, Texas-El Paso stumbled against UAB 78-72 in overtime. Jacques Streeter got eight points plus 10 assists in the Miners loss. McKenzie Moore had a season-high 18 points and added four rebounds. For the Blazers, Jordan Swing finished with a career-high 24 points and three assists. Texas-El Paso (11-8, 4-2 C-USA) hosts Tulane (14-6, 2-3 C-USA) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- Texas-El Paso started 11-8 during the 2008 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Texas-El Paso has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Miners have played in 16 overtime games with a record of 7-9.
- The Miners have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-El Paso has lost 23 close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.5% or better this season, Texas-El Paso has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.9% or better this season, Texas-El Paso has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- The Miners set season highs for blocks, three-pointers, and turnovers.
- The last time UTEP recorded at least 10 three-pointers was Dec 17, 2011 against Southern University.
- Texas-El Paso has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Miners opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Jacques Streeter recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- John Bohannon tallied a team season high in blocks with 5.
- The top two scorers (McKenzie Moore and Konner Tucker) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- John Bohannon accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- John Bohannon has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- This game was the 5th double-digit assist game of Jacques Streeter's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for McKenzie Moore.
- John Bohannon recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- John Bohannon had a career high with 5 blocks.
UAB Game Notes
- The Blazers won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UAB has lost 23 close games.
- Jordan Swing recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- Jordan Swing accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- Fahro Alihodzic set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Rod Rucker.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Jordan Swing's career.
- Jordan Swing has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Swing set career highs with 24 points, 8 field goals made, and 6 steals.
- Robert Williams set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.