On Wednesday, January 30th, Wright State lost on their home court to Detroit 83-76 in conference play. With the loss, the Raiders tie the season series against Detroit at 1-1. Jerran Young put up a team-high 14 points plus three rebounds in the Raiders loss. Joe Bramanti had a season-high six points. For the Titans, Ray McCallum finished with a game-high 24 points and seven rebounds. Wright State (14-7, 5-4 Horizon) takes on Loyola (Chicago) (12-8, 2-5 Horizon) on Monday, February 4th on their home court.
Wright State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:03 left to go.
- Wright State started 14-8 during the 2010, 2009, 2006, 2001, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Wright State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Raiders set a season high for three-pointers.
- The Raiders have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Wright State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Raiders opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--WSU has a 8.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Cole Darling accounted for 36.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Jerran Young has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- Cole Darling has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- Reggie Arceneaux had a career high with 4 steals.
Detroit Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ray McCallum and Nick Minnerath) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Evan Bruinsma and Juwan Howard Jr.) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Ray McCallum has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Ray McCallum's career.
- Juwan Howard Jr. has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug Anderson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug Anderson set a career high with a 86% field goal percentage.
- Nick Minnerath has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Nick Minnerath.