(14-8, 4-6 away)
Wright State 76
(14-8, 8-3 home)
Venue: Nutter Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||R McCallum 24
||E Bruinsma 9
||R McCallum 5
||J Young 14
||C Darling 9
||R Arceneaux 5
Detroit squared off with Wright State on Wednesday, January 30th and got a win on the road against the Raiders 83-76 in conference play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Ray McCallum was exceptional for the Titans and put up a game-high 24 points plus seven rebounds. Juwan Howard Jr. had 11 points and added eight rebounds. For the Raiders, Jerran Young got a team-high 14 points and three rebounds. Detroit (14-8, 6-3 Horizon) gets Youngstown State (12-8, 5-3 Horizon) on their home court on Friday, February 1st.
Detroit Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:03 left to go.
- Detroit started 14-8 during the 2009, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Detroit beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Titans have beaten the spread.
- The Titans have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 22 or more free throws made.
- Detroit has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 26.5% three-point percentage.
- Detroit has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- This season Detroit has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Juwan Howard Jr. has 11 points or more and 100% of the time (6-0) when Ray McCallum has 7 free throws made or more.
- The Titans set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Detroit recorded at least 21 turnovers was Nov 22, 2011 against Bowling Green.
- Detroit set a season low for blocks.
- The Titans have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 5th win of the season where the Titans came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Ray McCallum and Nick Minnerath) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Evan Bruinsma and Juwan Howard Jr.) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Ray McCallum has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Ray McCallum's career.
- Juwan Howard Jr. has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug Anderson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug Anderson had a career high with a 86% field goal percentage.
- Nick Minnerath has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Nick Minnerath.
Wright State Game Notes
- Wright State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Raiders losing streak to 3 games.
- Cole Darling accounted for 36.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Jerran Young has led the team in scoring 5 times in 22 games this season.
- Cole Darling has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Reggie Arceneaux set a career high with 4 steals.
|A||J. Howard Jr.||31||11||8||3||1||1||3|