|Arkansas||B Young 16.4||M Powell 5.8||B Young 4.1|
|Alabama||T Releford 16.1||R Cooper 4.2||T Lacey 3.6|
Alabama plays host to Arkansas at Coleman Coliseum on Thursday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN or ESPN 2. The Crimson Tide are 5-3 against the Razorbacks over the last four years. The last time they met (2/23/2012) they won 79-68.
Alabama is in 4th place in the SEC and needs to hold off Arkansas who sit just south in 6th place.
The Crimson Tide were defeated by Tennessee 54-53 on January 26th despite 18 points and 5 steals from Trevor Releford. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 16.1 points per game and 2.0 steals per game. The Razorbacks were defeated by South Carolina 75-54 on January 26th despite 22 points and 13 rebounds from Marshawn Powell. He is averaging 15.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.8 rebounds per game. Arkansas will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 16.0 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 8th in the country.
- Alabama is a better three-point shooting team (35.7% vs 30.6%) than Arkansas this season.
- Alabama has a better scoring defense (58.6 allowed per game vs 69.3 allowed per game) than Arkansas this season.
- Alabama allows fewer rebounds (33.2 allowed per game vs 37.9 allowed per game) than Arkansas this season.
- Trevor Lacey is ranked 7th in the SEC in three-pointers and 6th in the SEC in assists.
- How does our back look? Alabama is ranked higher than Arkansas in the SEC (#4 vs #6).
- Alabama is better at defending the three (31.7% allowed vs 35.2% allowed) than Arkansas this season.
- The Alabama basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arkansas (75% vs 22%).
- Alabama is better under pressure, and has defeated Arkansas in 7 out of the last 12 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Alabama is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Alabama is 77.8 inches compared to 76.4 inches for Arkansas.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Alabama has had more players drafted by the NBA than Arkansas (3 vs 2).
- Even computers respect Alabama more. We have a better RPI this season than Arkansas (RPI: #62 vs #90).