South Alabama vs. Arkansas State: Full Game Preview
|South Alabama||A Rubit 19.1||A Rubit 10.9||F Goldstein 2.5|
|Arkansas State||E Townsel 14.8||B Peterson 9.6||R Dickerson 2.5|
Arkansas State plays host to South Alabama at Convocation Center (AR) on Thursday. The game tips off at 8:05 EST. The Red Wolves beat the Jaguars 63-54 on December 29th and are 3-2 against them over the last four years.
Arkansas State is in 4th place in the conference and trying to catch 2nd place South Alabama.
The 15 points and 10 rebounds by Brandon Peterson helped the Red Wolves to a 63-38 cakewalk over Florida Atlantic on January 26th. He paces the team in rebounds per game with 9.6, and blocks per game with 1.2. For the Jaguars, Augustine Rubit finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds in the 60-58 win over Florida International on January 27th. With 19.1 points per game and 10.9 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Four Factors in which South Alabama stands out are free throw rate at 43.3 and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.3.
South Alabama StatSmack
- We make our fans proud. Arkansas State has a better record at home than South Alabama this season (9-2 vs 6-3).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Arkansas State has come back to win after being down at half against South Alabama 3 times since 1998.
- The Arkansas State three-point leader (Edward Townsel) has more three-pointers than the South Alabama three-point leader (Xavier Roberson).
- Arkansas State players are more experienced than South Alabama players (13,779 minutes played vs 11,435 minutes played).
- Jonesboro isn't as congested as Mobile (population is significantly lower).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Arkansas State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than South Alabama (1 vs 0).
- The Arkansas State assist leader (Rakeem Dickerson) has more assists than the South Alabama assist leader (Freddie Goldstein).
- Rakeem Dickerson is ranked 6th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- Boom! Arkansas State defeated South Alabama by 9 points the last time they played (Dec 29, 2012).
- Brandon Peterson is ranked 22nd nationally in rebounds and 10th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
|D||B. Stevens II||19||4||1||1||1||0||1|