Rhode Island 64
(6-13, 4-8 home)
Venue: Ryan Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||T Graham 19
||J Reddic 12
||D Theus 4
||X Munford 17
||J Hare 5
||M Powell 6
Virginia Commonwealth squared off with Rhode Island on Wednesday, January 30th and got a win on the road against Rhode Island 70-64 in A-10 action. Juvonte Reddic got 18 points and 12 rebounds for Virginia Commonwealth, earning a double-double. Treveon Graham had a game-high 19 points and added eight rebounds. For Rhode Island, Andre Malone finished with 11 points. Next up for Virginia Commonwealth (17-5, 5-2 A-10) is Fordham (6-14, 2-3 A-10) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- Virginia Commonwealth started 17-5 during the 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- Virginia Commonwealth has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- VCU has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- This season Virginia Commonwealth has won 100% of the time (8-0) when Treveon Graham has 19 points or more and 87% of the time (13-2) when Darius Theus has 4 assists or more.
- The Rams set a season high for turnovers.
- VCU set a season low for three-pointers.
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Treveon Graham and Juvonte Reddic) accounted for 52.8% of the points.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 22 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 13th of his career.
- Treveon Graham has 15 straight double-digit point games.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Xavier Munford and T.J. Buchanan) accounted for 43.7% of the points.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Xavier Munford has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Malone has 5 straight double-digit point games.