Rhode Island 64
(6-13, 4-8 home)
Venue: Ryan Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||T Graham 19
||J Reddic 12
||D Theus 4
||X Munford 17
||J Hare 5
||M Powell 6
Rhode Island faced off with Virginia Commonwealth on Wednesday, January 30th and lost on their home court to Virginia Commonwealth 70-64 in conference play. Rhode Island got 11 points from Andre Malone in minutes. T.J. Buchanan had 11 points and added five rebounds. Juvonte Reddic got a double-double for Virginia Commonwealth on 18 points and 12 rebounds. Rhode Island (6-13, 1-5 A-10) travels to ninth-ranked Butler (17-3, 4-1 A-10) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- The last time URI started the season 6-13 was 2001.
- URI beat the spread by 6.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- Rhode Island has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 10 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.1% or better this season, Rhode Island has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Rhode Island has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 35 or more rebounds this season, Rhode Island has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- This is the 10th game at home this season--URI has a 1.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Xavier Munford and T.J. Buchanan) accounted for 43.7% of the points.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Xavier Munford has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Malone has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- Virginia Commonwealth won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Treveon Graham and Juvonte Reddic) accounted for 52.8% of the points.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in scoring 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 22 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 13th of his career.
- Treveon Graham has 15 straight double-digit point games.