Massachusetts squared off with La Salle on Wednesday, January 30th and edged the Explorers 61-60 in conference action. Cady Lalanne had an impressive game for the Minutemen and put up nine points and 10 rebounds. Chaz Williams had six points and added six rebounds. For the Explorers, Ramon Galloway got 16 points and six rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Next up for Massachusetts (14-5, 4-2 A-10) is Charlotte (16-4, 4-2 A-10) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- Massachusetts started 14-5 during the 2011, 2006, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- UMASS beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Minutemen have beaten the spread.
- The Minutemen have won 9 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Massachusetts has won 34 close games.
- Massachusetts has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its field goal percentage has been 42.6% or better.
- The Minutemen have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 6 or more blocks.
- Massachusetts has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- UMASS has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 42.4% field goal percentage.
- This season Massachusetts has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Chaz Williams plays 36 minutes or more and 78% of the time (7-2) when Sampson Carter has 5 rebounds or more.
- UMASS set season lows for free throws made and total points.
- The Minutemen have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Raphiael Putney and Maxie Esho) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cady Lalanne and Chaz Williams) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.
- Cady Lalanne has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 19 games this season.
- Cady Lalanne recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
La Salle Game Notes
- La Salle lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Jerrell Wright and Ramon Galloway) accounted for 53.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Steve Zack and Jerrell Wright) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Steve Zack has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 20 games this season.
- Tyreek Duren has 3 straight double-digit point games.