Elon vs. UNC Greensboro: Full Game Preview
|Elon||L Troutman 15.3||R Beaumont 6.5||A Hamilton 3.3|
|UNC Greensboro||T Simpson 19.9||K McNeil 6.7||D Parker 3.1|
Elon visits Greensboro Coliseum on Thursday to take on North Carolina-Greensboro. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Phoenix are 5-3 against the Spartans over the last four years. They won 93-79 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
North Carolina-Greensboro is in 6th place in the conference and Elon is in 2nd place.
In a 70-66 win over Citadel on January 26th, Jack Isenbarger put up 22 points and 8 assists for the Phoenix. He contributes 3.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.9 points per game. For the Spartans, Trevis Simpson finished with 41 points and 7 rebounds in the 77-69 win over Chattanooga on January 27th. His 19.9 points per game is the highest mark on the team. One category in which North Carolina-Greensboro is especially proficient is defensive rebounding percentage at 73.1, ranking 1st in their conference (and 21st nationally).
North Carolina-Greensboro StatSmack
- The Elon blocks leader (Lucas Troutman) has more blocks than the North Carolina-Greensboro blocks leader (Nicholas Paulos).
- Elon College isn't as congested as Greensboro (population is significantly lower).
- Jack Isenbarger is ranked 6th in SoCon in points and 25th nationally in three-pointers.
- Elon has a better scoring defense (64.7 allowed per game vs 75.0 allowed per game) than North Carolina-Greensboro this season.
- We just win. Elon has more wins over the last 5 years than North Carolina-Greensboro (76 vs 58).
- Even computers respect Elon more. We have a better RPI this season than North Carolina-Greensboro (RPI: #154 vs #339).
- Sebastian Koch is ranked 5th in SoCon in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Elon has a stronger schedule than North Carolina-Greensboro this season (SOS Rank: #267 vs #310).
- Elon is better under pressure, and has defeated North Carolina-Greensboro in 6 out of the last 8 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- You get an A for effort, but Elon has emerged victorious against North Carolina-Greensboro the last 5 times they've played.
- It's only wins and losses, but Elon has a better overall record than North Carolina-Greensboro this season (13-7 vs 6-13).
|D+||K. Van Dussen||27||8||3||3||1||0||2|