On Wednesday, Jan. 30, No. 24 Cincinnati took on Rutgers and topped the Scarlet Knights 62-54 in conference play. With the win, the Bearcats remain unbeaten against Rutgers this season at 2-0. Sean Kilpatrick played well for the Bearcats and put up a game-high 19 points and six rebounds. Justin Jackson had seven points and added seven rebounds (6 Blk 3 Ast). For the Scarlet Knights, Eli Carter finished with 11 points and three rebounds. Cincinnati (17-4, 5-3 Big East) takes on Seton Hall (13-8, 2-6 Big East) on Saturday, Feb. 2 on the road.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Cincinnati started 17-4 during the 2004, 2003, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bearcats have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 21 or more free throws made.
- Cincinnati has won every game this season (4-0) after committing 17 or fewer turnovers.
- Cincinnati has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.5 percent field goal percentage.
- Cincinnati has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- This season Cincinnati has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Sean Kilpatrick has 19 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when JaQuon Parker plays 34 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Cheikh Mbodj has five rebounds or more.
- Cincinnati set a season low for field goals made (18).
- The Bearcats have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Cincinnati has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Bearcats came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Cincinnati has a 16.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sean Kilpatrick accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Justin Jackson has led the team in rebounding in five out of 21 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has six straight double-digit point games.
Rutgers Game Notes
- This loss extended the Scarlet Knights losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Myles Mack and Jerome Seagears) accounted for 48.1 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (30) than the starters (24).
- Myles Mack has led the team in scoring six times in 20 games this season.
- Kadeem Jack has led the team in rebounding eight times in 20 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Eli Carter.